Natural Hormone Balancing
Hormone Balance (Correct Hormone Imbalances!)
Hormones..."Master Chemicals" of the Body
Our ability to see, hear, taste, touch, smell, feel, think, walk, run, jump, digest food, eliminate wastes and every other function we can perform is the result of a series of chemical reactions that are controlled by electrical impulses. Millions of chemical reactions are occurring in your body right now as you read this!
Each one of these chemical reactions is regulated by the activity of a special class of chemicals called "hormones". These hormones are considered the "master chemicals of the body" because they regulate every cell function throughout the body.
Healthy endocrine glands produce just the right amounts of hormones at exactly the right times to keep the body in chemical balance. Over-active or under-active glands will cause hormone imbalances that lead to other chemical imbalances throughout the body that can cause a variety of physical, psychological and emotional health issues.
The Stress-Health Connection
According to studies at the National Health Institute (NIH), approximately 90% of all illnesses - mental and physical - are caused or aggravated by stress. The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that 90% of chronic illness is related to environmental factors that create chemical and biological stress in the body.
The Stress-Adrenal Connection...Are You Suffering from Adrenal Fatigue...and don't know it???
In a state of chronic stress your adrenal glands, responsible for your "fight or flight" response, take a hit...they eventually fatigue. Once fatigued, adrenal hormone imbalances adversely affect many other chemical and physiological processes in the body, including thyroid function (weight management issues...difficulty losing weight???), male/female hormone levels (sexual dysfunction issues...loss of libido???) and sleep disorders (difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep???). If you have been living in a state of chronic stress you need to get your adrenal glands checked out...because adrenal malfunction may be a significant underlying cause for other things that are not working right in your body! One of the best way to check adrenal function is through saliva hormone testing.
Sources of Stress...the Obvious & the Not-So-Obvious!
Today, our bodies are continually bombarded by all manner and form of stressors, many which we are not even aware of. Physical sources of stress include environmental, chemical and electrical. Think about it: the polluted air we breathe; the contaminated water we drink; the chemicals (preservatives, pesticide, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents) in our commercial food supply; the industrial chemicals in our household cleaning supplies; the bath and beauty products (shampoos, soaps, toothpaste, skin creams, body lotions) we put on our skin, hair and in our mouths; the powerful pharmaceutical drugs (prescription and non-prescription medications) we consume to get rid of the aches and pains; the amalgam fillings (mercury toxicity) in our teeth; the unnatural light (fluorescent) and electromagnetic pollution (from television, computers, video monitors, cell phones, telephones, beepers, hair dryers, electric shavers, microwave ovens, electric blankets, high-voltage power lines, sophisticated medical diagnostic equipment... anything that runs on an electrical current); noise pollution (harsh, loud synthetic sounds); and visual graphic pollution (negative images in media and what we call entertainment). A recent addition in our lives is "techno-stress"- the incessant, all-pervasive influx of new information we are exposed to each day from electronic gadgetry running 24/7 and the accelerated constant rate of change we all now live with. We are an information saturated, sensory over-loaded and over-stimulated society.
- Get your adrenal hormone levels checked...how? Saliva Hormone Assay...please contact our office to get checked!
- Create your personalized daily "stress management" programs (deep-breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, long walks in nature).
- Eliminate caffeine (wacks your adrenals!), alcohol (a concentrated sugar), and sugar from your diet...hard to heal your adrenals if you are a sugar addict!
Testing May be the Answer
With the latest information from the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) more and more women are stopping all HRT. While this may be a valid choice for women without menopausal symptoms or risk factors for Osteoporosis or even colon cancer, many women may still benefit from hormone supplementation.
The correct answer is to get your hormones tested using state-of-the-art saliva testing. Only then can you safely follow a course of natural hormone augmentation, returning you to more youthful, balanced hormone levels. Then you can work on the rest of your health issues the same way. Don't guess--test!
Common Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
- hot flashes, night sweats, disturbed sleep
- fatigue, malaise, lethargy
- irregular menstruation, reduced libido
- vaginal thinning/dryness, painful intercourse
- anxiety, panic, depression, moodiness
- thinning skin, hair loss, dry skin
- loss of appetite, increased appetite
- poor concentration, memory lapses
- arteriosclerosis, osteoporosis
- unexplained weight gain or loss
If you suffer with any of these symptoms, or if you are concerned that your hormone levels are not sustaining adequate protection to your bones, you may benefit from testing your current hormone levels using a saliva self-test kit. It's as easy as 1,2,3.
Please note there are two fees to complete a saliva test kit:
- We mail you a saliva self-test kit for just $90 plus S&H. This fee includes interpretation of the results and a complete therapeutic protocol; including diet, rest, exercise, stress reduction and supplementation information. Kit also includes health history forms.
- A separate lab fee applies, which you pay directly to the lab, as you mail saliva samples to the lab. Lab fees depend on the number of hormones or other markers being tested. Send your samples and lab fee directly to the lab in a mailer provided in each kit. See test/kit description for lab fees.
- The lab mails the test results directly to us, usually within 7 - 10 days. We prepare a report and make recommendations based on the test results and your personal health history. We mail the report and recommendations to you and spend approximately 30 - 45 min consultation time on the phone, coaching you page by page until you understand the materials provided. And then we'll assist you in implementation of the protocol.
Please call us for more information on how you can obtain a hormone saliva test!